Choosing the right holiday home is not to be taken lightly. Buying a property is a big commitment and there are a number of factors to consider before applying the factor 50.
Whether you are looking to buy an apartment near the beach or a golf resort villa in Mar Menor, Murcia, you need to consider that a holiday home is a life-changing investment.
Benefits of owning a holiday home in a good location
Everyone values proximity. We are often reminded that a good location is everything and this doesn’t just apply to buying a home in the UK. The first impressions of the modern kitchen with a lovely balcony overlooking snow-capped mountains may seem like an exciting proposition, but unless you are looking for seclusion and entertaining friends in your new home, you may want to consider alternative locations, closer to more leisure activities and restaurants. You need to decide whether it is pine forests, dramatic scenery, undulating gold courses, or beaches that appeal to you most. Where do you want to be closest to?
One of the benefits of owning a holiday home is the freedom and the flexibility to cater for yourself. It’s great to cook for friends and family, sit out on the balcony and sip wine as the sun goes down, but you will need to consider where you can buy your local produce from. If you are not one for driving several miles inland to buy in bulk you will need to do some research of the area and see what shops are available, when they open, and what they have to offer. You don’t want to find yourself driving miles to the nearest shop to discover that there is a four-day national holiday.
Likewise, if you don’t fancy spending your evenings cooking you will need a variety of restaurants to choose from until you settle for a regular favourite. Spain is renowned for great food and there is no shortage of Indian, Asian, Mediterranean, and Italian restaurants to choose from. The region of Murcia is one of agricultural significance and you can always rely on local produce to conjure up your own culinary delights when catering for yourself.
Mediterranean beach life
Being by the beach isn’t for everyone, but if you’ve got children, you will appreciate the struggle involved with keeping them entertained. If you’d like them to meet other children and make friends you might prefer a resort that caters to every need. Whilst the children are busy with new friends by the pool, you may need to do some shopping, play tennis, or enjoy a leisurely round of golf. And it’s always peace of mind to have the security of a gated facility within a family-friendly community.
If you have a villa with a swimming pool, you may choose to stay away from the coast, and just use the trip to the beach as an occasional treat.
When many people retire, they are looking forward to space, solitude, and the peace and tranquillity to relax. Retired couples may wish to be away from the hustle and bustle of livelier resorts but they may also wish to occasionally entertain family and close friends who decide to visit.
If you are looking to use a property for the extended family, you will want to consider how to keep everyone entertained from dusk until dawn.
Getting to know Mar Menor
If you are committing to buying a villa in Mar Menor, Murcia, or an apartment, you are going to have to familiarise yourself with the area first. Some real estate companies will offer that hands-on approach and introduce you to the facilities and the traditions. If you are going to have regular holidays in one place, you want to insist on knowing the area well in advance and it’s imperative that you are familiar with the region and the locals before you make any decision.
The top 10 features of a Spanish holiday home:
- Location – naturally, location is top of everyone’s list.
- The weather – it’s certainly a must for the British. The weather is one of the main benefits of owning a holiday home in Spain.
- Views – it’s very much a location thing but great views bring added value.
- Close to amenities – being close to the action is always convenient if you’ve looking to venture out.
- Decoration – interior style is an extremely personal element of a home. If you are going to be spending some time in your holiday home, you want it to be decorated in accordance with your tastes. The Villas and Mar Menor Apartments are all decorated to a very high standard.
- Privacy – many people like seclusion and the security of a gated community. The ability to switch off is imperative for most people. We like to unwind and relax, and more and more people are enjoying the outdoors and beautiful gardens.
- Food – whether dining in the villa or eating out, it’s important to be able to eat well on holiday. Murcia has an excellent reputation for its food and, when buying a property in Mar Menor, there is no shortage of great places to eat.
- Space – perhaps life becomes very overwhelming at times but ensuring that there is enough room to relax and feel comfortable when entertaining guests is a huge selling point for any holiday home.
- Meeting family – during lockdown, we have never appreciated our friends and family more and there has been a rise in people making block booking with friends and family.
- The extra mile – it’s always the little extras that make the difference. Whether it is a pool, a firepit, an en-suite bathroom, or a balcony, the added extras make even more of a difference, the longer you stay.
Why choose a villa in Mar Menor?
We’ve touched upon the importance of choosing the right location with spectacular views, near to all the amenities, and within the privacy of a safe community. We have highlighted how the weather affects our stay and how eating quality food within aesthetically pleasing surroundings is amongst the top priorities when purchasing a property.
The Murcia villas and Mar Menor apartments have all this and more. From the very beginning, everything is taken care of. We walk you through the process of securing your new home abroad in a safe, gated community with 24/7 security.
Located near Torre-Pacheco, close to Alicante and Murcia-Corvera International airports, wonderful beaches, and the tourist town of Los Alcázeres, Mar Menor is a firm favourite with families, retired couples, and golfers looking to enjoy one of the best golf courses in the region.
The surrounding mountains influence the micro-climate that boasts Torre-Pacheco’s 18°C yearly average and, situated on the northerly point of the Costa Cálida (“Warm Coast”), the golf course at Mar Menor sees less than 300 millimetres of rain a year, making the region a paradise for golfers, tourists, and those looking to maintain residence in the tranquillity of the Spanish sunshine.
The villas and apartments in Mar Menor are situated within a privileged inner sea area of immense beauty and no stone is left unturned because we appreciate that peace of mind is beyond estimation. When considering the intricate details of buying a property abroad, our priority is furnishing the clarity and helping you to find a home that suits your needs.
We have pristine, well-presented, and uniquely designed properties to suit all budgets. The resort caters to all needs to help you feel relaxed and at home in a spacious, family-friendly, secure community with an abundance of leisure activities and facilities on your doorstep. Why not browse our range of villas and apartments for sale at Mar Menor Golf Resort.